Discuss Wetroom Advice (part 2) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Thanks again everyone - the tanking membrane I ordered was from AKW (same as the shower tray). I emailed them to check whether it would act as a decoupling for the slate tiles too and they said it would.

I did also get in touch with isomat, who were very helpful, but it turned out they'd have to supply a 15m roll of membrane, which is way more than I need, and it would have been expensive to ship to Ireland.

Localtiler - the main reason I was going to opt for cement rather than foam board on the walls was that it can span 600mm studs, which the walls are (I double checked this with the suppliers of the board by email). The walls are already internally insulated and covered in airtightness membrane so it'd be a pain to pull this off to change the stud spacing, but I could do if using the foam board is critical? I can use the foam board on the floor though.
I didn't mean to disregard your suggestion on ditra heat, but I've already got the standard electric underfloor wires and controller connected up (not actually put them in the layer of latex yet though) so it'd be difficult to change now - thanks again for all your replies.

D

Dumbo

Thanks again everyone - the tanking membrane I ordered was from AKW (same as the shower tray). I emailed them to check whether it would act as a decoupling for the slate tiles too and they said it would.

I did also get in touch with isomat, who were very helpful, but it turned out they'd have to supply a 15m roll of membrane, which is way more than I need, and it would have been expensive to ship to Ireland.

Localtiler - the main reason I was going to opt for cement rather than foam board on the walls was that it can span 600mm studs, which the walls are (I double checked this with the suppliers of the board by email). The walls are already internally insulated and covered in airtightness membrane so it'd be a pain to pull this off to change the stud spacing, but I could do if using the foam board is critical? I can use the foam board on the floor though.
I didn't mean to disregard your suggestion on ditra heat, but I've already got the standard electric underfloor wires and controller connected up (not actually put them in the layer of latex yet though) so it'd be difficult to change now - thanks again for all your replies.
You're ufh should not be connected at this point . It will make testing it difficult which you are meant to do several times during instal and also you may want to shorten the cold tail for convenience which you can' do if it's connected .

Reply to Wetroom Advice (part 2) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wetroom Advice (part 2)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond