Guest viewing is limited

Discuss council work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I quoted for a council job some years back, it was for 500 plus property updates. Usual stuff, two rows over the bath and a bit in the kitchen. I quoted £180 per house and figured I could do 2 per day. A polish firm got the job at around £90 per house...:mad2:

Years later most of the houses have had to be retiled.........Councils go for bottom dollar and waste their (our) money. :incazzato:

I'm with Diamond on this one, they'll be looking for the cheapest quote, they'll tell you they have 10 plots ready, you'll get there to find what they meant was 10 kitchens or bathrooms ready and end up hopping back and forth to the same plot to do the rest in stages. I would put something in writing when quoting along the lines of X amount per m2 per plot on condition of continuation of works in each plot otherwise day rates ???

What figure did you have in mind ?

andy-p

TF
Arms
The preparation done for you on council work is always shocking mate:yikes:

They just send a jack of all trades to plaster patch existing walls and it's NEVER good:thumbsdown:
This!! ive done council work many moons ago for a contractor subbying for the council, everything is shoddy , a complete shambles ,the pays crap and you will wait a eon to recieve payments ...:thumbsdown:

Reply to council work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
council work
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.