Discuss Cow shed converter looking for advice ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brassjewels

Keep coming across this site & decided to join to seek advice. Now helping father in law lay a 'very' natural stone/slate floor. Desperately seeking advice on treatment to finish & protect a quite porous & rough slate, but need to emphasise colour & the sparkle (full of mica schist). Lthofin or Aquamix ?
Ongoing project- quarry tiles next then there is outdoors to do as well.
Oh my poor nails & fingertips !

D

DHTiling

LTP Colour Intensifier and Stainblock
Suitable for sealing wall and floor tiles and enhancing the natural colours, characteristics and appearance of travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, brick, slate, flagstones, limestone, granite work-tops and tiles, terrazzo etc. with a matt finish. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Performs well in wet areas, including bathrooms and swimming pool surrounds. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

B

Brassjewels

Thanks for replies & welcome gents. Just laid another row ready for fixing (were told they'd be calibrated - think they were calibrated by somebody with 1 eye !) They look lovely, but I'm worried about splashes from cooking area mainly and have heard some poor reports on HG if stained. They run through kitchen -living room (75sqm of it ) so water isn't too much of a problem. After an impregnator & possibly a shine finish/seal on top if that's possible. Please excuse the ignorant/novice questions, but if I don't ask I'll never learn. I'm also aiming to seal/impregnate before grouting as some of these tiles seem to think they are sponges. Cheers.

B

Brassjewels

Well maybe not a glossy look, but something that doesn't dull down the 'sparkly' & metallic tiles as we need as much light bouncing about in the cowshed as possible. It's the high porosity of these that's bugging me as it looks like I'm going to have to do a few coats to protect. Beginning to think quarry tiles would have been much easier - oh well, once done I won't be able to put furniture down as they'll be far to good to cover up !

D

DHTiling

Well maybe not a glossy look, but something that doesn't dull down the 'sparkly' & metallic tiles as we need as much light bouncing about in the cowshed as possible. It's the high porosity of these that's bugging me as it looks like I'm going to have to do a few coats to protect. Beginning to think quarry tiles would have been much easier - oh well, once done I won't be able to put furniture down as they'll be far to good to cover up !

You need to seal the stone to the point of saturation... IMO LTP Mattstone will serve you better in the long run.. and will last for years with the right aftercare.. LTP floor waxwash to maintain..

LTP Mattstone
Description: Suitable for all wall and floor surfaces LTP Mattstone provides a natural matt finish with minimal change to surface character on travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, unpolished marble, terrazzo and cement floors. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Can be used in wet areas. Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

LTP Waxwash
Description: Specially formulated for use on un-glazed tiles such as travertine, stone, terracotta, slate and quarry tiles. The gentle cleaning action of LTP Waxwash makes it ideal for washing unsealed floors and those sealed with LTP Mattstone, LTP Colour Intensifier, LTP MPG Sealer or LTP Beeswax. This liquid soap contains linseed oil and needs no rinsing after use.

Reply to Cow shed converter looking for advice ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cow shed converter looking for advice !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.