Discuss Cracked conglomerate. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I'm sure using the mega adhesive the way its directed would leave voids between NMP and floor boards.

i always stick with flexy tile addy and screw

it's an expanding adhesive and the boards are really quite strong, there are less voids than screwing ply down, once down there is no way they are coming back up without a lot of damage to either the floor boards of the 'No More Ply' itself

G

Gazzer

it's an expanding adhesive and the boards are really quite strong, there are less voids than screwing ply down, once down there is no way they are coming back up without a lot of damage to either the floor boards of the 'No More Ply' itself

I have never had to take one up but I know someone who has and as you say it was a lot of damage to the floor boards. If the floorboards were cupped badly then I would use the SPF adhesive method.

R

Rich

plenty of screws used, megastength on back of boards and edges, floor and boards dusted with a damp sponge, no more ply primed with diluted primer G,tiles mostly fixed on a serrated bed with each tile back butered in kera quick grey, grouting in ultra colour and sealed with mp90.

What do you mean by 'tiles mostly fixed on a srrated bed'?

Im pretty sure that NMP dont recommend priming before tiling, a wipe with damp sponge should be enough.

A

alexander

What do you mean by 'tiles mostly fixed on a srrated bed'?

Im pretty sure that NMP dont recommend priming before tiling, a wipe with damp sponge should be enough.

"Mosty on a serrated bed" , I mean the floor was quite flat (for a change) and i was able to fix onto just a serrated bed that i trowelled out , with not too much packing out.

No more ply do recommend priming it helps to makes the board water proof!!

Reply to Cracked conglomerate. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
In about 2-3 weeks after we got our bathroom fitted we noticed that the grout cracked along one...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cracked conglomerate.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.