Discuss Cracked floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aqua Tiling

I went to look at a job on sat, 19m2 floor on concrete, but in the kitchen her son (a builder) laid a concrete floor and tiled it. a few months later a crack appeared from wall to wall, about 3m, and it went in the middle of the tiles, not on the grout line. does any one no why this happened, and should i be worried about the other floor, as the son laid that concrete floor?

Also, she asked about solid wood floor in the hallway and dining room, there is celetex in the floor between two lots of joists. and they have a heating system, which is tunnels built under the floor with vents coming up in each room. is laminate the only option???

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

it aint screed, defo concrete. no other cracks, i looked for some to try and think of a reason, she said her son is doing it in stages, that why he took 17months in total to fit her kitchen. i asked if the concrete floor went down in two bits to see if that might of caused it, but it never. all i can think of is the concrete cracked and made the tiles crack.

I agree but how thick was the concrete.

Reply to Cracked floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cracked floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.