Discuss cracked! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevegreen

Hi, hope someone can help, I have tiled three quarters of my kitchen floor which has wet underfloor heating and sand and cement screed. The room size is approx 8m x 5m and has an expansion joint splitting the screed into two bays. I have been using mapei makeper tiling adhesive. Prior to plastering the room I covered the whole area with cardboard to protect the screed, and have been uncovering as I go. My problem is - when uncovering the last area to be tiled, I have found a crack in the screed which goes across the width of the room (but not in a straight line) the width of the crack at most is only 0.5mm wide.
I can't use an isolating matting in this area as i won't be able to maintain the correct levels. Has anybody got any suggestions about tiling over this area that would help in preventing the crack affecting the new tiles.
Thanks.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Why not resin stich and overlay the crack with a fibre glass mesh scrim to stabilise it.

Here are a some of products you could use

UZIN: Product Search[productsubgroup]=2&tx_ddproductmatrix_pi1[productgroup]=3&tx_ddproductmatrix_pi1[cmd]=search&cHash=df13d483b315bef867be8d03109d9d87

go to Product Overview and Substrate repairs page

Last edited:

Reply to cracked! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cracked!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.