Guest viewing is limited

Discuss CRB Check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

Thinking about a post about the guy being bad mouthed by an ex employer I was wondering if anybody has had a Criminal Records Bureau check done off their own bat.

I have had several over the years working for different organisations. The latest was when I applied to join the local Trading Standards Regoistered Traders Scheme. One of the conditions of getting on the list was that you had a CRB check that they paid for.

I think it costs about £30 to get a check done but I was wondering if this wouldn't actually be a useful marketing tool its possbly something you could include in you publicity/business paper/quotes or even mention when mmaking initial contact with potential customers. Its certainly something the local trading standards push to try and encourage people to user members of the scheme.

Perahsp the guy who got bad mouthed might find it useful to pay to get a check done and then he could prove to people that he doesn't have anything criminal against his name.

J

JAMES MCK

I have a CRB Check, infact I find it a great little selling point. It was not that long ago I went to a ladies house to give a quotation and as she was looking through my portfolio for floor designs she started to tell me that she ran her own cleaning company. It very quickly came to my mind that she must have a CRB check so I continued to tell her the price for the job and at the end as I was walking up the path to my van I showed her my CRB Check which I keep in the back of my portfolio. She was over the moon. Job was mine, she gave me the key on the Monday and I gave it back to her on the Friday. Only seen her once. She confined to me afterwards that my CRB Check helped her make a decision with which tiler to use as it was ok thinking I was a fit and proper person but when I could actually prove it no one can argue with that. Food for thought. I was not the cheapest quote. You can get a CRB Check yearly, in some cases social services, schools etc will accept a 3 year one.:santa_cheesy:

T

tfs

I think it gives some vulnerable people peice of mind and it would in most cases be required if working in hospitals and schools etc (although I worked in schools and around kids without being asked to apply for one)

In order for it to be accurate and vaild though it should be re applied for frequantly if you are hoping to use it as a marketing tool towards the general public.

Enhanced disclosures will go into more depth than a bsic which will only highlight convictions etc.

J

jamie B

years ago when I worked for firm we all had to have one done when we did a foyer at the bank of england...funnily enough (and showing my age here!) one of the guvnors had to have a guard with him at all times 'cos his sir name was connelly (ie irish!) and the whole IRA thing was still big news..the guard looked bored outta his brains the whole time..needless to say we gave the boss a fair amount of stick about his new boyfriend (he even had to stand in the loo's with him!):lol:

Reply to CRB Check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
CRB Check
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.