Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Crystalstone Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

Coincidentally I have a job coming up using something similar in the near future. The recommended addy would be BAL Pourable Thick Bed Flexible, the PTB has less water content than a rapidset flex addy and its also rapid so this helps eliminate any bowing of the tiles due to moisture. They can also be susceptible to scratching, so I’m going to be using BAL Microcolour as its a wide joint grout but not scratchy. I’m actually only using a 3mm grout gap, but I need the floor spec grout (2~20mm) for the impact resistance.
And yes you need to seal before grouting, BAL do a wash off pre sealer but I intend using Aqua Mix Sealer Choice Gold (which you can buy from TradeTiler a sponsor of this forum).

T

Terry Cottar

Just heard back from the company that supplied these tiles and they said there is no need to seal the tiles as they are non porous and the surface has a 0.02% water absorption rate. Also said they have a scratch resistant surface which makes these tiles low maintenance. Still not sure what adhesive would be best to use, was thinking of using bal rapidset.

If it is a true composite then I doubt it would even accept any impregnating sealer and you could never get a topical sealer to bond because of the high surface tension

tel

D

DHTiling

I have just bought the black quartz crystalstone, I didn't buy the enhancer, after reading this forum, I thought if it's 0.02% absorpent,then they was no need in spending £30 extra, but now I'm thinking does it need sealing, the crystalstone enhancer they suggested to use with this is an impregnating sealer, so now I'm confused? what do I do

Don't forget to use an adhesive that is suitable for conglomerate tiles.. water mixed cement based adhesives are not..

Reply to Crystalstone Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello I wonder if anyone has of the attached tiles I could buy from them or something that is a...
Replies
Views
Lilygrace
L
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Crystalstone Quartz Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.