Discuss curved trim round a circle window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
there you go.. DSCF0062.jpg

A

Aston

Hi Y'all, I need to do a bit of tiling on a wall that has a circular window in the middle of it, I know you can get stainless steel trim that is bendable, by Schluter I think, has any one used this before and do you really need the special forming machine £'s to get a top finish or can you form it by hand. The window diameter is 550ml. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Cow.

hi mate

theres a tool from tradetiler called, 'shaw circle cutter' that scores circles in the same way as a compass does. its great on ceramic and porcelain too. it will scribe radius's from 70mm-600mm. i bought one and its a good little addition to the old tool kit. you can use it for cutting holes in tiles for soil pipes too.

use it to scribe your circle, then plunge out a few lines with your wet saw/grinder to reduce the curve angle and snap out the segments and give the edge a quick polish to finish off. it leaves a neater line than an angle grinder but obviously, its only good on ceramic and porcelain, not stone.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to curved trim round a circle window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi Please help. I’m in the middle of a huge bathroom refit. I’m a homeowner. My tiler has tiled...
Replies
Views
Bathroom I am on has splayed window reveals, what trims do you guys tend to use on these? I...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
hi everyone, long time lurker but first post here Building some new toilets at work so the old...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Fellas. I've (nearly) finished tiling my en-suite walls now and want to start on the window...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
curved trim round a circle window
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.