Discuss customer has changed her mind in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
we were due start a bathroom this week 16m2 fully tiled , my partner has just rang me ,she now wants mermaid board in stead ,we were charging them 400.00 with all materials.
to be honest never fitted mermaid board and was wondering how much to charge just labour i reckon , is there any special tools you need to cut this , i aint seen the job yet my partner priced it up , but i reckon the walls will need to be bang on for mermaid

T

tfs

I have fitted quite a bit of the Multi panel stuff which is pretty much the same.

You will need a circular saw with a fine blade to prevent chipping the laminate veneer on the boards. Same goes as for cutting anything measure twice and cut once. I preffer to use trim for joins rather than using tongie and groove boards as I reckon the joins will gather grime etc long term.

They just get stuck on with and adhesive or you can screw edges that will be covered with trim etc. Silicone inside of all trim to achieve a water tight seal.

T

tfs

some pics of multi panel with silver trim:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00316.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 50
S

Scott

I fitted it once to out of square walls (arent they all?) and it was a pig to fit. I fit bathrooms for a living and avoid it now. Get the corner trim in plumb. I cut mine with a circular saw (laminate side down to stop it chipping it) or with a jigsaw. You have to hold the jigsaw upsidedownthough so the blade sticks through the surface other wise that will chip too. Unless of course you get some 'down' cut blades. Good luck and make it last the 2 days :)

D

doug boardley

one of my customers wanted them in her downstairs bathroom but when I'd started tiling the shower tray hadn't been fitted (was going in the next day) and I tiled to an obsoete plumb line so that the tiles encroached about 3/4 of a tile past into shower tray:oops:we decided to continue with the tiles in shower enclosure (phew!!) and used the panels in the small en-suite upstairs. We were both glad as at the end of the job she didn't really like the look of the panels and was relieved that they weren't in the main bathroom.

Reply to customer has changed her mind in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
customer has changed her mind
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.