Discuss Customer supplying own adhesive... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
My customer has supplied me with Mapei cement based adhesive, Tile Giant must have sold it to them with the tiles and they did this before they contacted me.

I always use Ultra products as that is all my local tile shop stock, can I use Ultra acrylic primer for a Mapei adhesive or has it got to be a Mapei primer?

My gut feeling says Mapei but does it really matter?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
If anything goes wrong first thing they will ask what primer did you use, I always use ultra with ultra acrylic primer, mapei with mapei primers (primer g , s or t, if need Eco primer)
just to peace of mind
tile giants keep stock for primer g

Problem is turkish i doubt they would pay out anyway.
Imagine it, it says on the tub , say 3-1 mix, you tell them yes i used 3-1 they will say prove it,u say take a sample, they do come back and say sorry its 3.56743 -1 , your wrong they are right, thats a bit extreme but insurance/big companys will try owt to get out of it, you would be like a shivering whippet by the end of it .

And aint most primers SBR based ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Customer supplying own adhesive... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB