UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss customer switched tiles on me... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
went to start a floor today, when i got there the tiles were 400x400 polished porcelain from b&q, when i quoted the job it was a basic 300x300 white cermics with a grey vein, when i pointed out the tiles have changed they swore blind they were the same tiles, when i read the box on the new tiles it said all transit wax must be removed and tiles sealed even cut edges must be sealed before fixing, they had no wax remover and no sealer, and still expected me to do all the extra work for the same price i quoted them...

im trying to work out if there really thick, or they think there being clever, getting me to price for a basic tile and then changing it, i know for a fact it wasn't the tile i quoted as i would have explained all that needing doing to it and priced for it, and they didnt kick up much of a fuss about it when they new i had clocked what they had done, i allways check the tiles customers have and even hold off giving quotes, till i know a tile choice as theres so many different types and patterns avalible you could end up loosing money left, right and centre..

another day off with no money.....:mad2:

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
good old customer eh

it seems the recession makes them think they can dictate everything to the tradesman atm,im comng across a lot atm just like this andy thankfully they are not all like that
i assume you had to go home?

yes mate, told how much extra to get the wax off and seal the tiles, and they said they would take them back and exchange for a different tile, proberly the one they had in the first place ..lol

i seem to be having a bit of a nightmare at the momment, ive had 3 jobs cancle on me and now this, wouldnt surprice me if i never hear from him again, im still ticking over though got a few jobs on this week, with quite a bit in the pipe line, so its not all bad :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Would i tnot have been better to just do the job..?.. you lost today and that would have been the extra time you wanted but lost anyway for not doing the job..

Some work is better than none.. seems a few good guys on here during the day with no work..

i offered to do the job at an extra cost for sealer and wax remover plus time it takes to remove the wax and seal.....they didn't want to no, i only had a wage on the job as it was, and im not that desperate that im going to work for nothing!!!!

A

Alan M

Would i tnot have been better to just do the job..?.. you lost today and that would have been the extra time you wanted but lost anyway for not doing the job..

Some work is better than none.. seems a few good guys on here during the day with no work..

i have to agree. a small amount of money is better than nothing.
i would have negosiated a beter price when i got there

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i have to agree. a small amount of money is better than nothing.
i would have negosiated a beter price when i got there

jesus......like i said i tried that , they didn't want to know, they only wanted to pay me what i quoted for fixing the ceramics, so i would of had to buy some sealer, wax remover and done the extra work for nowt, plus it would have gone into two days work and im starting a big floor tomorrow which is going tie me up for a while..

like dave said sometimes it aint worth the hassle..

A

Alan M

jesus......like i said i tried that , they didn't want to know, they only wanted to pay me what i quoted for fixing the ceramics, so i would of had to buy some sealer, wax remover and done the extra work for nowt, plus it would have gone into two days work and im starting a big floor tomorrow which is going tie me up for a while..

like dave said sometimes it aint worth the hassle..

sorry andy
for some reason i got the impression that the job wasnt as big as it is.
not worth it if it is going to cost you in the long run.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I agree with you Andy, anybody can be a busy fool earning nothing. Drop your pants once and you will be more than likely to keep doing it. Good on you for not doing it. It's just a shame everybody doesn't do the same then joe public would think twice about taking tradesmen for a ride. Rant Rant.........

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to customer switched tiles on me... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.