Guest viewing is limited

Discuss customer tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wildcard

Started a garage conversion last week,it"s being coverted into a b&b.The job is for an existing customer of mine.I"m fitting the bathroom,rads & running the drainage.When i went to price the job i thought, great i can do the tiling,nice plastered walls,level floor,this would be a great little first job.Customer was adament they were doing it & did"nt want a price for it.
Well the customer starting tiling around the bath yesterday,i gave her some advice on setting out & what gaps to leave above bath & in the corner,did she listen? no.
Left 2mm gap along side of bath,but no gap at end of bath,did"nt set out like i explained,400x400 floor tiles on the wall,b&q adhesive,freshly painted walls.
me-why didnt you put spacers at the end of the bath?
customer-the end tiles would then be higher than the row along the side of bath
me-but the bath is perfectly level
customer-blank expression
me-o dear b&q tiles all different sizes
customer-o well,how do i cut round your shower pipes?
me-hole cutter
customer-have"nt got one
me thinking-i thought you would say that,suppose you think i"m going to f...... do it a ?
me- o.k ill do it
customer-make sure you get it done b4 you go home tonight as i need to grout tomorrow.
me thinking-should of said what i was thinking the first time.
me-you do know if 1 of these tiles falls off & onto someones foot you will be liable
customer-probably

I"ll take some pics tomorrow of what"s left on the walls.

O

Olz

One of my best mates has just done his bathroom floor with some left over tumbled marble in opus romano. Wouldnt take any advice or help.

I went round to lend him a ladder yesterday (he lives down the street) and said it was layed and to come and look. As we walked up the stairs he said "it went down dead quick, he (his father in law) layed the packs quicker than i could carry them up the stairs".

The packs were along the lines of 1 x 400 x 400, 1 x 200 x 200, 1 x 100 x 200 and 2 x 100 x 100.

No spacers used, he did get the pattern looking something like, but there were tiles butting up all over the place, looked wonky and there was grey addy (which was tubbed from BandQ) seeping through the only joints that were even.

The only plus I could see was there was no lipping.

I just smiled and said it looked good :oops:

He's going to have a nightmare trying to scrape the addy out of the joints before he grouts it.

Some people just wont have it, that its not as easy as we make it look. I would have happily done it for nothing if he would have accepted the offer.

Reply to customer tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Tile Giant Independent Feedback and Reviews by Verified Customers. Please post all feedback...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
customer tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.