Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Ho ho ho, it's that old leatherface again !!
My view ( sorry for repeating myself), is that you should spend as much as you can afford ( even get a loan ) for your core tools, ie wet cutter and rail cutter. It's simple mathematics. I have learned to my own expense after burning out 3 cheap £40 wet cutters. You have the wasted cost of replacing them & also the lost time.
If you buy a crap wet cutter it will take you twice as long to cut through your tiles ( especially if you are cutting hard porcelain, thick slate or marble) You can easily save at least an hour a day with a powerfull wet cutter ( perhaps more ) It doesn't take a mathematical genius to work out that in 12 months you could have paid for a decent wet cutter twice over. The same applies to mixers, I wasted about £100 burning out cheap B&Q drills for my mixing before I spent £100 on a decent one, hasn't let me down since.
Time is money !!!!
Good quality, efficient tools save time & therefore save money & also do not need replacing as often.
Do the maths ££££££££££££££££

G

grumpygrouter

Ho ho ho, it's that old leatherface again !!
My view ( sorry for repeating myself), is that you should spend as much as you can afford ( even get a loan ) for your core tools, ie wet cutter and rail cutter. It's simple mathematics. I have learned to my own expense after burning out 3 cheap £40 wet cutters. You have the wasted cost of replacing them & also the lost time.
If you buy a crap wet cutter it will take you twice as long to cut through your tiles ( especially if you are cutting hard porcelain, thick slate or marble) You can easily save at least an hour a day with a powerfull wet cutter ( perhaps more ) It doesn't take a mathematical genius to work out that in 12 months you could have paid for a decent wet cutter twice over. The same applies to mixers, I wasted about £100 burning out cheap B&Q drills for my mixing before I spent £100 on a decent one, hasn't let me down since.
Time is money !!!!
Good quality, efficient tools save time & therefore save money & also do not need replacing as often.
Do the maths ££££££££££££££££
Got to agree with Leatherface here. Last 2 jobs cost me dear not having a suitable wet cutter available at the start. Took sooooooooo much longer to do the work than it should have done.

Grumpy

T

thegwads

cheers, would happily get one if i could find one in my area, and seriously need it for wednesday now, job back one day thankfully.
anyone knows how to get hold of a montolit around around *********, cambs, beds?
if not i have decided on the big clinker from screwfix
----
just picked up a big clinker - looks an absolute beast!, so that and a plasplugs master tiler electric will be tried for the first time tomorrow.
will let you know

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

See you're a fellow PTS @ Warrington student - how're you getting on since going solo?
I am assuming you are talking to me etc.tiling? I am getting on OK, building slowly at the moment and trying to run 2 businesses at the same time. Finished a job last week with another one for the same customer pending. Farmhouse restoration of s "B" listed building. Also potentially got a referral to quote for 70sq mt of flooring in a new build so going OK, I guess. Thanks

How did you find the course?

Grumpy

P

plumbersmate

well, out to buy today, edging towards rubi wet cutter as above (880w) and big clinker i think - depends what deal i can get at my local stockist
i agree you need to get the tools and pay for it, but i was just wondering if a lot of tools out there are priced too highly just due to the good brand name and some of the lesser known brands are actually just as good?
hmmm, it's a bit like tiles - you get what you pay for. just tiled a floor with cheap **** tiles, the packs varied in size, shape - and colour! took me twice as long, but the customer was warned. only problem is, if the job doesn't turn out well, guess who gets the blame!

Reply to Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
B
Evening all, So getting back into the swing of it all again and need to get myself a new wet...
Replies
Views
Gonzo1969
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%