Discuss Cutting a fixed wall tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

npton

Hi all

I have to fit a twin socket back in a kitchen and the top of the socket sits in the middle of two tiles. One is lower than the other and the socket will not fix back level. I need to trim the tile by about 3-4 mm. I was thinking of running a diamond disc cutter along it, any other ideas? I only need to remove about a 50mm length. The bottom of the tile is not supported by the wall behind as it drops below the level of the back box.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting a fixed wall tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB