Discuss cutting around a rad in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hooly

I got a diamond drill bit, cut the hole, then was going to do the v shape, but my cheap plasplugs cutter, the blades about 2 mill so it would have took 2 mill either side, and I found it chipped as the cut was ending, I did a practise bit, I hoped for a small piece that would just fir together, is that done on athinner blade, better cutter? also any tips for cutting the holes, I did practise, but its quitehard to start off were u want, on a 45 degree, I had to start the drill quite fast

B

bugs183

A right, no worder i was puzzled!
Now i can help. Do your cut. Place the tile cut edge to the wall, push it against the pipe, now mark both sides of the pipe. Now move your tile so it is in line with the full course of tiles leading to the pipe, follow the bond of the tiles and slide the cut to the pipe, now you can mark the other two sides of the pipe.
Now use these marks and draw them with pen or pencil across the tile in every direction, where they meet is your pipe. Score with a rail cutter, the two long lines running to the hole from the wall, and also score the two small lines indicating the front and back of thew pipe.
Cut down the long marks with your cutter, (the motolit squadro blade from tradetiler for an angle gringer is the the thinest blade a know, and really really useful to have. Cut up to the furthest pipe mark from the wall.
Snap out this long section with your fingers or nippers, snap of the little end where the pipe goes, and hey presto there's you cut!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to cutting around a rad in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm struggling to get a tiler in my area since lockdown so I have taken the bold...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Can anybody recommend a cutter that will produce very good edge cuts on 10mm very hard porcelain...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB