Discuss Cutting flagstones - Which cutter to buy. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

over the past few years we have got by using our DeWalt wet table cutter when cutting large format stone, this is really only suitable for up to about 600mm and even struggles with that size on the 45. Then just using a hose with an angle grinder or hiring a Stihl saw which im now very reluctant to waste the money on again

im not really interested in another table saw as theytake up far too much room, but had seen recently in CTD the Rubi wet circular saw and wondered what you guys made of this for cutting the likes of 900 x 600 x 30mm flagstones?

What other cutters do you guys use, hoe do you rate them, what are the cost, and where to get them?

Thanks in advance, JP

J

jonnyc

I have a Sigma 10m , Free length cutting a piece of cake and can cope with 80mm depth of material and a powerful 3hp motor.
Don't think many people have this 10m dave .
i bought mine when I can't remember but would say that it was at least 12-15 years ago .
special order from trimline in those days .
i bought the 9 m as well and I can't fault the machine for robustness and longevity of use.
i guess they just got superceded by larger overhead rail saws in my collection as I got involved with larger stone material .
i cannot knock the quality of the sigma 9 & 10m and they are still a very important part of the stable of workhorse cutters I use .
only problem with 9or10m was the positioning of bar that holds the guard .when you start getting large format then not ideal.
But motor size and simplicity of cutter unbeateable

Like the look of the Flex CS60 and it certainly looks more the part than the Rubi at around the same money but what is the difference between them and the Dewalt one at £120
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...w googlelink?gclid=CPChiN2gy8ECFSsTwwod2xkAoQ
High peak..
Cooling or good discs aren't the problem, its volcanic size dust clouds going over customers windows/gardens/cars etc so very unproffessional.

Any links or pictures of those style of Sigmas boys?

Cheers

C

Concrete guy

Like the look of the Flex CS60 and it certainly looks more the part than the Rubi at around the same money but what is the difference between them and the Dewalt one at £120
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...w googlelink?gclid=CPChiN2gy8ECFSsTwwod2xkAoQ

Cheers

Size and power.

The Dewalt is a 110mm blade diameter tile saw.

The Flex CS60 Wet is a 170mm diameter blade stone saw with a maximum depth of cut over 50mm

It's like a 1.2 four cylinder engine vs a 5.0 v8.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting flagstones - Which cutter to buy. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views
Having recently bought some non-slip floor tiles for my kennels...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
B
Sold my last Rubi, TX1200 last month and purchased the Montolit Flashline Evo rail system that...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
We've got some nice looking porcelain tiles, made by foshan viewgres. They're 600x400. My...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB