Discuss Cutting limestone tiles with fossils in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

crazydiamond

Hope someone can help with this. I have a wet diamond cutter which I was planning to use to make straight cuts in a dense La Rochelle limestone. The problem is that it has lots of fossils and when I hit one it does not cut cleanly.

Would it be worthwhile hiring a more heavy duty wet cutter which cuts in a downwards motion compared to mine which cuts horizontally? What other options are there?

C

crazydiamond

What do people think of this one for hire from Jewson's for the job? Also what would be a recommended blade to use with it?

Jewson Builders Merchant - Building Materials and Supplies

LARGE DIAMOND TILE CUTTER - ELECTRIC

Portable tile saw suitable for materials up to 30mm thick. Stainless steel working surface tilts for mitre cuts. Easy cleaning. Precision guide. Removable galvanised tank.

Specifications

Size h x w x l: 287mm x 500mm x 560mm
Max. blade diameter: 250mm
Rot. speed of blade: 3000rpm
Power: 1kW
Weight: 24kg
Sound pressure level: 71dBA
EN12418

Reply to Cutting limestone tiles with fossils in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of planning to lay concrete 400x400x40mm pavers and will need to cut quite...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm struggling to get a tiler in my area since lockdown so I have taken the bold...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cutting limestone tiles with fossils
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.