Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Cutting Porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
If you want the Vitrex, Rubi or Monty try Trade tiler his prices are very reasonable,
also both the 750 and the 900 will throw water every where, as one of my customers once said. you have tiler's crotch, meaning very damp nether region:lol:
always wear dark trousers :thumbsup: other wise it looks like youv'e been cought short :lol:

B

Bolter

If you want the Vitrex, Rubi or Monty try Trade tiler his prices are very reasonable,
also both the 750 and the 900 will throw water every where, as one of my customers once said. you have tiler's crotch, meaning very damp nether region:lol:

Dude, you dont need to fill it up with water! :lol:

I have the 750 and it works a treat! Cuts ceramic, porcelain, stone etc with no hassle. Im not sure how long the blade will last, and Im sure there are better cutters out there, but if you wanted to buy it, it works just fine. :thumbsup:

A

ap222

I did have a problem of chiping on the off cut of tile, but was informed by one the other members on here that it was proberbly the fence being out of square to the blade.

Richard, did you have this problem on the 750 or 900? I've heard one way of preventing chipping is to turn the tile on its back, slice a notch into it, flip it back upright and start the cut from the opposite side. This then allows the blade to exit via the notch preventing chipping.

Your tip on using the 750 & changing to a marcrist blade has now got me thinking again..... are u getting clean straight cuts with that set up?
Regards

R

richard Kent

Ap
The chipping problem was with the 900 and as I haven't really used the 900 for a few months now and I haven't tried to solve the problem, IE re-align the fence with the blade.
I have heard of the this problem with other 900 users so I think it might be a common problem and hopefully easy to solve by re-aligning the fence.
The biggest tile I have cut with the 750 is 450sq. I do tend to dry cut if I can and only wet cut when I need to.

Reply to Cutting Porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Seeking ideas for filling in a cut-out section of a porcelain tile floor. I removed a display...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I'm replacing the toilet hand basin...
Replies
Views
Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cutting Porcelain tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.