UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss D24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Nah not yet, it broke my heart to part with the best part of £900 with the other bits I got off him. Damn that site is easy to add to the basket!!! He's doing it with two blades at the moment and he reckons he cut through 30mm granite the other day with them no problem so thought I'd try them out then when I come to do some mitres on the next job get the DNA. I hope it comes in a gold plated box and a brass band jumps out when you open it as at £150 it is one expensive blade.

W

White Room

Nah not yet, it broke my heart to part with the best part of £900 with the other bits I got off him. Damn that site is easy to add to the basket!!! He's doing it with two blades at the moment and he reckons he cut through 30mm granite the other day with them no problem so thought I'd try them out then when I come to do some mitres on the next job get the DNA. I hope it comes in a gold plated box and a brass band jumps out when you open it as at £150 it is one expensive blade.

Just think of it as an early birthday present to yourself....it don't seem so bad then.

C

Colour Republic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339747203.718124.jpg

I don't want to get it dirty!!!

C

Colour Republic

One thing I will say is that the side tray seems to be a couple of mil higher that the main rubber bed and if you place a 600x600 tile on it, it rocks the tile slightly. This is the yellow side table with the 2 bullet locators and the hand wheel to attach it. I haven't tried yet but is it possible to adjust this table so it is level? The rock is only small but it does mean the balde wouldn't pass through at a perfect 90degrees

C

Colour Republic

Anybody have that problem with the side table being too high?? Just tried a few test cuts on 600x600 porcs and on the second one it cracked the tile from the vibrations of the tile not sitting perfectly flat on the bed. I've slightly adjusted the bullet locators but there wasn't any real movement, maybe grabbed a mil. for the time being i've slightly losened the side table so it drops back and the rock is now almost gone but don't really want to live with it. Is it just me? is there some sort of adjustment i'm missing??

hang on.....

right here's a vid. at the start is with the table tight and after with it loose

[video=youtube;6ft9GGYD1No]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ft9GGYD1No[/video]

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You might have got a bit more of a response if you posted in the tools forum you know, or the arms even. Give me a shout if you want the thread moved matey.

Lovely saw though I'd defo go for one loads of lads inc Dave have banged on about them for ages now.

I can see a few more switching over too as it does seem to do the job perfectly.

Just need to sort your table out by the sounds of it.

C

Colour Republic

Thanks guys, thought so. You've just rested my mind that I wasn't being stupid.

My guess is that where is connects, both the side table and the main bed are milled, I think maybe one or both aren't milled right and as soon as it's tightened then it becomes un-square and raises the back corner of the side table.

From what Dave @ TT was saying before I bought it, dewalt are great when it comes to cutomer service on these machines so hopefully they will send out another bed and side. In fact Dewalts UK HQ is less than 4 miles from where I am now.

Thanks again ;)

G

Gazzer

Just looking at mine and thinking about what you have said. When you release tension on the fastening bolt it goes back down ? If this is the case then the hole with thread on sliding tray and the wing bolt obviously are not in-line and I dont think there is any adjustment there. Can you just check though that the two locating pins have flats on the pointy ends, with mine those flats are on the top and bottom.......just check and you will see what I mean.

C

Colour Republic

Yeap already checked mate. That is where I tried to adjust it from as the bolts that hold those bullets (with the flat bits) on are slightly smaller than the hole drilled in the side table. this is where I got an extra mil out of. I even checked that those bullets are round and not slightly oval, if they were it would allow adjustment as you turned them round giving you high and low points. A bit like cams you get on the side of kitchen drawers to level them up ;) but no luck.

Reply to D24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Good evening, Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but I have an issue with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.