Search the forum,

Discuss Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AnnMcCarron

Thanks for all the advice it's been really helpful. I'll put pictures of the finished bathroom up once its completed.

B

binsy

As was pointed out earlier,there does seem to be trowel marks between the joint,also he could have dabbed on to this, Its also possible that it was completely water stained and this is drying slowly to form spots due to the absorbant nature of this tile. WHATEVER WAS DONE, THE BEST SOLUTION IN EVERYONES INTEREST IS TO TAKE A TILE OFF!!before the tilers lynched by the mob, we would all have an answer and possibly learn something, if the tiler is any way reluctant to do this he will hang himself !if it does turn out to be some strange peculiarity apologise and pay for his extra time. I hope the tiler is keen enough to redeem his reputation.

P

Peter

Fair play to the bathroom company for standing over it although definitely a strange one. Larsens is very very slow setting compared to normal SPFs so I wonder if that has had anything to do with it. Not something I've ever seen with ceramic or porcelain though.

D

Darren898989

An old thread but wondering did the spots dry out for you ? Having the same issue myself now.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Hi

I've just had my bathroom tiled in white matt ceramic/porcelain tiles and today I noticed shadow spots on all the tiles. The tiler explained that it's the moisture from the adhesive coming through the clay back of the tile and that it will dry out. I'm not confident with this answer because 36 hours have passed and the tiles still look the same. He's coming back tomorrow to grout and I'd really appreciate some advice on whether or not these shadowy stains will indeed dry out and if not what action needs to be taken. The adhesive is white Larsen standard wall tile adhesive.

Thanks
AMcC
Shouldn't be dotting any porcelain tiles !you will get no help from adhesive grout or tile manufacturers on this ever !!

L

Lorac 1

Hi did your tiles dry out im having the same problem
Im having same prob...they did dry out with a dehumidifier in place for 2 weeks. Then i had a problem with water seepig innto the edge of tiles in the shower...tiles are of a ceramic texture....ongoing nightmare as apparently its not the tiles or the grout according to the store....very stressfull to say the least ...

Reply to Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen