Discuss Damp in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

If you sort out the damp... take the boards off, tank the walls, cheapest would be to bitumen and throw dry sand at it whilst still tacky, then render.

If you sort the damp out some other way, then to get rid of the stains paint with Zinsser B-I-N followed by what ever paint you want.

If it's constantly damp and you want to just tart it up cosmetically and have it last more than just a few years, then paint it with Zinsser Watertite

C

Colour Republic

Tank it or frame it insulate and board it is another good option (if you have space obviously). most paint products are never a proper solution. IMO

Agreed you need to sort the root problem really but from everdons post I get the impression it is purely cosmetic in which case both those paints listed are pretty high spec and not the sort of 'damp proof paint' you see in DIY sheds.

but then as white beam says, not the cheapest paint you'll ever buy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Damp in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB