Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss decisions on a wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jmt tiling

hi all, new here, and wondered if anyone can help me out...need a new wet cutter. i am considering the dewalt 24000, the siri modena 75, and the montolit brooklyn. i have heard good things about the dewalt, and the montolit looks solid. what i really want is the montolit tornado, but need something before it comes out in september! have heard a few reports of poor build quality and motor problems with the rubi dw250, so have ruled it out. have never used siri machines, but it looks a good cutter. just got 400m2 marble and trav job. can anyone help me decide?

S

SandyFloor

I can't really comment on the Montolit or Siri but a couple of less obvious things that really surprised me on the Dewalt were:

1. The machine is very clean to work with i.e you wont have water all over the floor or ceiling ( or yourself).

2. It's very quick for one man to relocate the machine around the site.

I've only had my D24000 a couple of weeks and it's been cutting large format 22mm sandstone very comfortably. I think you may be getting a few posts raving about this machine.

I've also noticed that with the price difference between the saws you're halfway to a second Dewalt saw before you pay for the others.

Hi JMT,

I like you was mad keen on routing for the new Monty Tornado and made tentative enquiries with the main Montolit dealer in the UK:thumbsup:

So you can imagine how surprised I was to have a response telling me to go for the D24000 instead and in fact to buy it from Tradetiler :yikes: No the two companies are not connected in any way, shape or form:thumbsup:

By the time you add the VAT and the delivery you are looking at £1000 for the Tornado, which is, at the end of the day, the first edition of this machine and therefore it's inevitable it will have teething problems which will be corrected in the, also inevitable, Mark 2 version:smilewinkgrin:

I also have it on good authority that the Tornado is actually made by another company for Montolit:thumbsdown:

I've had my D24000 for almost two weeks now after almost two years of torturous decision making and can without hesitation say it is the best wet saw I've ever had or used (and there's been a few!):thumbsup:

MC:builder2:

Reply to decisions on a wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
I know this has come up before, but wondered if anything new is out or if any one has any...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
decisions on a wet cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%