UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Decorators chaulk as silicone! tut tut!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I went to a friends house in Sandbach today, she has been asking me to call around for a month or so to look at the 'siliconing' and other work carried out by the plumber. I did the tiling months back, she is a single Mum, not a lot of money and so I charge her peanuts but I have to fit her in when I am not so busy.
I get there after the school run and look at the mess the guy has left her in, bath panel off, end panel off in the main bathroom, 'silicone' in the en-suite was filthy and peeling, on closer inspection it turned out to be decorators chaulk and a cheap one at that. It came off easily and I soon cleaned the area up before applying the real stuff, he hadn't even sealed the shower enclosure! :incazzato: The bath was set 50mm too low so I had to cut loads off the panels to get them in.
She saved for ages to buy the materials and it really p's me off that he took her cash and ran, NOT FUNNY Mr so called plumber !
I hope you come on this forum and read this thread, although that's unlikely as 99.9% of the guys on here have more scruples in their little toe than you have in your whole body.
When I met you you said that you know the Tilersforums and that you are a member, well take note! keep ripping people off and it will come back and bite you, I fixed all your shoddy work for nothing mate!! taking money off vulnerable people is the pits :incazzato::incazzato:
if you continue to rip people off just remember, "what goes around, comes around" You charged her £400 for two days work plus parts, I charged her nowt today because of the state she was in.
I really wish I could put your name on here pal, your a disgrace to your trade.

:mad2::incazzato:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

I went to a friends house in Sandbach today, she has been asking me to call around for a month or so to look at the 'siliconing' and other work carried out by the plumber. I did the tiling months back, she is a single Mum, not a lot of money and so I charge her peanuts but I have to fit her in when I am not so busy.
I get there after the school run and look at the mess the guy has left her in, bath panel off, end panel off in the main bathroom, 'silicone' in the en-suite was filthy and peeling, on closer inspection it turned out to be decorators chaulk and a cheap one at that. It came off easily and I soon cleaned the area up before applying the real stuff, he hadn't even sealed the shower enclosure! :incazzato: The bath was set 50mm too low so I had to cut loads off the panels to get them in.
She saved for ages to buy the materials and it really p's me off that he took her cash and ran, NOT FUNNY Mr so called plumber !
I hope you come on this forum and read this thread, although that's unlikely as 99.9% of the guys on here have more scruples in their little toe than you have in your whole body.
When I met you you said that you know the Tilersforums and that you are a member, well take note! keep ripping people off and it will come back and bite you, I fixed all your shoddy work for nothing mate!! taking money off vulnerable people is the pits :incazzato::incazzato:
if you continue to rip people off just remember, "what goes around, comes around" You charged her £400 for two days work plus parts, I charged her nowt today because of the state she was in.
I really wish I could put your name on here pal, your a disgrace to your trade.

:mad2::incazzato:

Well Dom...

I think you did a very good deed.:thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
:thumbsup: Top
food-banana-20.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Decorators chaulk as silicone! tut tut!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Decorators chaulk as silicone! tut tut!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.