Discuss Depth of reveal/window frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

the reason so much plastering is bad now is...

the money is so poor on site now that they just throw it on, freerule and then skim...
dont get me wrong, its not right but the site agents dont care either.

if a plaster set his angle beads right, he could rule off these and then use a square on the reveals. there are so many poor plasterers out there now its unreal. semi trained, skimmers or been on a 5 day course and told then can plaster?

if you want perfect walls, then the best bet is to advertise yourself to do the prep work. many tilers can float walls out using screeds, so if your unhappy with whats out there, the best thing to do is push your tiling skills upto the next level. theres loads of advice on here on how to do screeds and form square, parellel reveal.....

but hear me right, the standard in plastering has dropped and thats down to many factors including greedy builders strangeling the life out of every trade.. its all so down to many so called plasterers not being able to float out correctly.
sign of the times i'm afraid ..

ed

Reply to Depth of reveal/window frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone. My building had bricking work done on the outside and it seems in the process...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Depth of reveal/window frame
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.