UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Detached Retina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve187

Just did it all by itself, i have had a few 'floaters' for a few years which is nothing to worry about, then suddenly my eye was full of ' floaters' and then a dark patch, a visit to hospital on Thursday confirmed a detached retina, by the time of the surgery Friday evening with a combination of the dark patch and the mass of floaters, i had lost nearly all sight in my right eye, operation was done Friday evening with me being awake throughout.

S

steve187

there are some good links put floaters into a well known search engine, the RNIB AND NHS direct have good information,
from info i have researched and been told are, a few floaters are of no concern, a sudden increase or a large group could be signs of something more serious, flashing streaks like lightning are a possible symptom,and again could be signs of something more serious, the floaters are caused by very small pieces floating in the white bit of your eyeball, and reflect onto the retina at the back of your eye.
The problem caused more floaters, and then the dark patch, which was the start of the retina becoming detached

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Gawd, no wonder you're bored, poor thing, but hey, saving your eyesight is worth a bit of boredom, even the very scary sounding op. I have a freind who had the same as you, and she made a full recovery, I'm sorry not sure exactly how long it took, as we are more acquainted than really close, but yes, she is fine.

That's what puts me of bungee jumping more than anyhing else, as a detached retina is supposed to be a real danger with that. Keep resting and doing exactly what you're told, and get better soon :)

P

Pebbs

Gawd, no wonder you're bored, poor thing, but hey, saving your eyesight is worth a bit of boredom, even the very scary sounding op. I have a freind who had the same as you, and she made a full recovery, I'm sorry not sure exactly how long it took, as we are more acquainted than really close, but yes, she is fine.

That's what puts me of bungee jumping more than anyhing else, as a detached retina is supposed to be a real danger with that. Keep resting and doing exactly what you're told, and get better soon :)

Watch it Steve, she will be down to give you a bed bath before you know it! :blush2:

You take care...Gisele pass the sponge will you!

Pebbs

S

steve187

To see to the back of the eye, the doctor has to dilate your pupils and then use a slit lamp, i also had a lens pushed against the eye to enable closer exam, i must add that all the exams, and the surgery even though i was awake was painless, with no pain/brusing after, now ten days later i am getting sight back, although the images are not sharp.
I would advise anyone that has doubts about floaters/ dark patches in the eye/s to seek immediate help.
Sorry Pebbs too far for mosaic girl to visit for a bed bath, I am in Thailand at the start of a long winter break, thats part of the reason for relying on bbc i player,

Thanks to all for the good wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Detached Retina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Detached Retina
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.