Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss DEWALT 24000 wet tile cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Hi gooner, when you say its leaking is it more then just the mist spray that you get? is it leaking from the black bung? if so (sorry for stating the obvious) but you can tighten the wing nut once the bung is inserted in the hole and this secures and seals it tightly.

yes we have tightened the bung :ciappa:,thanks peck's, so why do so many guy's stand them in container's?? as i said we did all the basic check's, i will look into it ,we where in work mode, not fix the leak mode,so will endeavor to not have a leaking cutter, it's just funny how some say yep mine leak's and this is what i do, and some just say no mine don't leak ever :lol:

A

Alberta Stone

The only time my cutter will actually leak anything is when I am cutting a big piece that hangs over the left edge or I am cutting a lot and the water runs down my elbows.
That and it does tend to spray out the rear end even with all the black trays attached so I tape a small piece of poly on the rear end of the motor and that stops the spray.

Wet saws are wet that's all there is to it.

I use the tub as it gives me a place to drip the freshly cut pieces and I don't want to spend a lot of extra time being especially careful about water spray, yet I want to keep the clients home protected, so I set up the big tub and have no worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

gooner, any chance of answering the question that have been asked please, "my cutter leaks" doesn't really resolve any issues. I've been thinking about getting a DW 2400 for a few months now, all due to the rave review from trusted and elite members from this forum, yet altho you say its a great cutter, you seem avasive as to why/where it leaks from....as always, we need pics:smilewinkgrin:

D

doug boardley

Hey Doug, we have been using our saw for 2 years now and like it a lot....way better than the target we used previous.
The spray issue is easily solved.
The thing doesn't "leak".
along with all the other users on here, yet gooner seems to be having a problem with his, that's why I asked if maybe he could post pics of his set-up, maybe some of you DW users copuld maybe see something that might need tweeking/fine tuning

A

Alberta Stone

along with all the other users on here, yet gooner seems to be having a problem with his, that's why I asked if maybe he could post pics of his set-up, maybe some of you DW users copuld maybe see something that might need tweeking/fine tuning

I think he may just be expecting stellar performance right out of the box, but things rarely work that way.
I found it needs some small tweeking with poly and then it works great.
But DeWalt could make an optional left side catch tray for large pieces as they do leak over the edge of course and a back baffle that actually catches the rear spray would be nice.

Reply to DEWALT 24000 wet tile cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
DEWALT 24000 wet tile cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%