Discuss DeWalt DWC 410 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Thepipdoc

Hi Guys
I'm a DIY tiler that will soon be installing and tiling a couple of new bathrooms and a loo. I've done a fair bit of tiling in the past, using basic tiling tools.
I'm looking at whats currently available and I'm amazed and also confused.
The tiles I'll be suing are probable going to be at least 600mm rectangular (maybe 900mm) and my question is what type of machine/s would you recommend?
As a general handy tool what do you reckon to the Dewalt DWC 410?
Any advice would be appreciated.

C

Concrete guy

Actually reading this thread made me remember we have a couple of blades that would fit this machine.

We often get sent test items from factories wanting us to sell their products, sometimes these arrive without any prior conversation and sometimes these test items are the wrong fitment for UK equipment.

I have two turbo type blades sat here in my box of untested test stuff - 20mm bore, 105mm diameter and 1.2mm thick and covered in Chinese writing. I have no idea if they are any good as we've not been able to run them.

So if you have a DWC 410 sat in a box in your tool shed/garage minus a blade - you can have one of these - free to a good home. Or if I only get a single taker you can have both of them.

First come first served.

D

DHTiling

Hi Guys
I'm a DIY tiler that will soon be installing and tiling a couple of new bathrooms and a loo. I've done a fair bit of tiling in the past, using basic tiling tools.
I'm looking at whats currently available and I'm amazed and also confused.
The tiles I'll be suing are probable going to be at least 600mm rectangular (maybe 900mm) and my question is what type of machine/s would you recommend?
As a general handy tool what do you reckon to the Dewalt DWC 410?
Any advice would be appreciated.

That size tile will require a Sigma cutter all day long , any L cuts , then use a grinder coupled with an ATS blade . Then if you need to sell the sigma afterwards , it will still fetch good money .

D

DHTiling

Sorry for my ignorance but which model of Sigma would you opt for and what's an ATS blade?

Sorry, you want one to cope with at least the 900mm tiles you mention , the good thing also with a sigma , is they are nice and light to carry compared to other brands.
This will suit you >> http://www.tilersforums.com/showthread.php?t=71186

ATS diamond tools . Google that and give Alan a call,for,your best blade and enjoy your project.

T

Thepipdoc

Nah an angle grinder is hands held , google brands but I like Mikita .

Like one of these?
tile cutter.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DeWalt DWC 410 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

H
Hi guys, I just done a tiling course. I am a plumber to trade and served my time and have since...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
I have an sds by dewalt that has grafted and never missed a beat for me. I use it for mixing up...
Replies
Views
S
Was just getting my tools out of the garage ready for tiling to start this weekend and I'm...
Replies
Views
S
P
Hi, I do quite a bit of property renovation and currently have a table saw and large bridge saw...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
H
Hope someone can advise me on the best way to go about two tiling jobs I need to do at home...
Replies
Views
HardTarget
H

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB