UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dewalt or Makita? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

My shopfitter friends have Hilti, Makita and Dewalt tools, when I asked as to which was the best they said something like this....The Hilti is great and can be repaired easily. The Makita is better all round than the DeWalt and they say batteries are better too but they have known a few duff batteries.
When asked which I should go for they both said the Makita 18v LXT. This was due to the price of the Hilti and the fact that they get a good 2 years out of their Makita drills and by that time they want the latest newer versions.

I

Ian

Has to be Dewalt for me, it matches my company colour scheme
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335817855.889619.jpg
516d4b53-f6f5-9e56.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPad

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fliselege

Blimey Bri, you wouldn't lose that in a car park. My parents had an old Citreon GSA that colour when I was a lad. I have a de walt battery drill, only got one to justify carrying my de walt radio about, otherwise I'd take any de walt, bosch, makita etc on offer when I needed it, but if money was no object then I'd have festool all the way, got their big jigsaw from when I did wood floors here for a while, love it

I

Ian

Like the number plate Bri:thumbsup:

Had it for a few years Mark, had a few V6 mondeos that it used to go on.

Did u get a free pair of Ray Bans when you ordered that colour Bri. :coolgleamA:

Best advert I've ever had John, had a yellow Astra before this, good at getting people's attention! It's had a little makeover recently, I'll get a couple of pics the next time I wash it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Had it for a few years Mark, had a few V6 mondeos that it used to go on.

Best advert I've ever had John, had a yellow Astra before this, good at getting people's attention! It's had a little makeover recently, I'll get a couple of pics the next time I wash it.

You mean its even brighter than that?

Reply to Dewalt or Makita? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Hey Guys I'm looking to buy a drill but I am a little bit unsure as to what drill would be best...
Replies
Views
B
Can someone tell me whats the difference-if there is one- between these two? also which one do...
Replies
Views
bgatty68
B
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.