UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss dewalt tool boxes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

I know a few of you guys were talking about dewalt tool boxes this is what my mate has done and he takes his van to the shows when he works for dewalt
pjc-albums-dewalt-picture46829-jules-5.jpg
pjc-albums-dewalt-picture46825-jules-1.jpg
pjc-albums-dewalt-picture46826-jules2.jpg

R

rossi7x

Like that racking system a lot... Then I would do.. As I built it..!!
Keeping an eye on you now Mr PJC... I'll send you some better pics as this only shows part of the Van. Although theses pics really show how the boxes connect.
The idea behind these boxes, is that any individual box in the stack is removable, without prior remove of any others, They connect to composite arms which are 50kg load rated (per pair) and once the boxes are removed, the arms fold flat which gains (almost) the full width of the van back without having to remove any major racking...

P

Perry

Like that racking system a lot... Then I would do.. As I built it..!!
Keeping an eye on you now Mr PJC... I'll send you some better pics as this only shows part of the Van. Although theses pics really show how the boxes connect.
The idea behind these boxes, is that any individual box in the stack is removable, without prior remove of any others, They connect to composite arms which are 50kg load rated (per pair) and once the boxes are removed, the arms fold flat which gains (almost) the full width of the van back without having to remove any major racking...
i am being stalked :welcome:

R

rossi7x

The trestles are about £75 each, but for me they are really worth it. The stanley one's are good, but no where near strong or stable enough for my needs. The tops of the stanley one's (top box section) are actually plastic. Also the dewalt one's are designed to accept the clip on 'brackets' that are normally used on their chop saws.
I've actually got a diamond cutter bolted to some of these brackets and clip it to the trestles when required...
I think 'macten' is referring to the price of the boxes and the trolley system..
Yes it is still around £210-220 for the trolley set, although boxes are available separately for around £45-55 each (ish). They have also just launched a 2 drawer version too (although not IP rated unlike all the others)..

C

Colour Republic

The trestles are about £75 each, but for me they are really worth it. The stanley one's are good, but no where near strong or stable enough for my needs. The tops of the stanley one's (top box section) are actually plastic. Also the dewalt one's are designed to accept the clip on 'brackets' that are normally used on their chop saws.
I've actually got a diamond cutter bolted to some of these brackets and clip it to the trestles when required...
I think 'macten' is referring to the price of the boxes and the trolley system..
Yes it is still around £210-220 for the trolley set, although boxes are available separately for around £45-55 each (ish). They have also just launched a 2 drawer version too (although not IP rated unlike all the others)..

You're right the stanley ones are made from impact resistant plastic but there is no wobble in them, the tops will flex if lots of weight placed on them, one of the lads sat on them and i could see it flexed but not by much, 10mm maybe??? with a 12 stone guy sat on it. I also like how little room they take up when clipped together, I think they just represent better value for money at less than a third of the price.

Of course if you are bolting dewalt tools to them then they become part of a system so the extra money would be justified in your case. But I'm no longer a Dewalt fan. A lot of my early tools where dewalts/elu but now I find much of it over priced for what it is, I think I have a router, plane, laser and tile cutter from them... oh and one of my first cordeless drills which is still going! (I had a further 2 later dewalt/black'n'decker drills which died very quickly). Most of my other gear is Makita, Metabo or Festool. One of the lads that does work for me recently bought the dewalt rail saw and secretly I think he wished he would have got a festool like mine, ok the Dewalt was cheaper but not by much. I think the only thing he prefers is it plunges forward rather back like the festool.

Only Dewalt i'm thinking about is the mitre saw trestle which is better and takes up less room than the makita... but I haven't found out if it will fit my makita chop saw yet??

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rossi7x

I agree that some of the dewalt 18v range a few years ago lost it's way, but nowadays the new Li-ion stuff is Top drawer.. especially the new Brushless gear. As for a plunge saw, regardless of brand, everyone can benefit from them. With regards to Festool or Dewalt (plunge saw wise) I own both and find them both great. However, the Dewalt has the edge on certain applications.
With regards to the chop saw stand, Dewlat do 2 sizes. Long or short. The short one's are the same length as the trestles in the back of my Van (but with the telescopic ends). For your makita saw, you might have to buy 'extra long' adaptors to suit the saw base, but essentially it will work on a Dewalt saw stand. Try calling Dave Goodwin (Goodwins tools - Margate) or Paul (D&M Tools - Twickenham).. Say Julian with the 'dewalt racked van' said to call..They'll know the answer to your Makita saw scenario...

A

Alan M

your makita saw should easily fit on the londer brackets.
iv got the long chop saw stand that i shortened (long story but my skill saw cut through it accidentally ).
i have the festool ts55 and love it. iwas going to buy the dewalt track saw but am glad i got the festool. i like the double sided rail thow.
i must get some of those tressels. i have 2 chop saws,and a few worktops that all go onto the stand i have.

id love to see that diamond grinder on the brackets.
lovely van and welcome julian

R

rossi7x

your makita saw should easily fit on the londer brackets.
iv got the long chop saw stand that i shortened (long story but my skill saw cut through it accidentally ).
i have the festool ts55 and love it. iwas going to buy the dewalt track saw but am glad i got the festool. i like the double sided rail thow.
i must get some of those tressels. i have 2 chop saws,and a few worktops that all go onto the stand i have.

id love to see that diamond grinder on the brackets.
lovely van and welcome julian

Cheers for the Welcome Alan... Will get a photo of the cutter on the stand at some point. Really busy at the moment, so I'll have to wait till I get the gear out of the workshop, set it up and photograph it..

Reply to dewalt tool boxes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.