Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

J

JRCCR

Re: Hello! I'm new to tiling and just want to book a 6 wk NVQ course @ Diamond Traini

Hi Russ,
As with most trades you can learn how to do it in a short period of time. However I don't think you will be very confident after only 6 weeks. I suggest doing the course to get the paperwork and some knowledge, then from then on try and get in with a company where you could work alongside a qualified tiler. Who will train you to further your knowledge and give you advice on certain aspects of the job. It takes years to get very good at it. You need a very good eye for detail.
I have been tiling for just over 5 years now and I still learn something new most days. The course is great, it's kinda like a driving lesson. You learn all the basics from preparation through to completion. But after the course it's up to you to learn the rest and to get better at it.
You'll make mistakes but you'll learn from them. As you are from the marketing background you should find it a bit easier to find work. Let us know how you get on.

Hope all goes well in the future.

Good luck

Jason

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Alpine Training; Gary Sheffield has been running one of the oldest independent tiling training centres in the country. He setup many years ago and only does tiling and has a very good reputation. He has been going longer than PTS, Diamond, Able Skills, NETT, Chase and all the other well known centres.

http://www.alpinetiling.co.uk/

B

Bathpool

There was no note or any information, the place was just locked up. I have contacted Companies House (0303 1234 500) to try to find out who the receivers are but they said they have had no formal notification of the liquidation yet. However it can take some time for them to be informed so they suggested phoning again in a week or so.
Hope you get sorted out with an alternative and get your money back!

B

bickers

That was more info than they gave me when i phoned them they just said didnt know anything, Yeah me to is a bit gutting i have been looking forward to it since i booked it but i imagine that others are in far worse situation than me including yourself as you only had 1 more week to go, I have been checking out alpine, although its a fair distance away from me its starting to sound a safer option the fact he has tilers working for him and is a tile shop aswell sounds less likely to leave me in the same situation i am in now.
Good luck on your side of things aswell.
I'll keep things upto date on here as and when i get more info.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Hello! I'm new to tiling and just want to book a 6 wk NVQ course @ Diamond Traini

Yes mate. :lol:

I get paid to promote all our sponsors. :D

Can't be more honest than that can I? haha

Alpine is one of the oldest if not one of the first independent tiling training centres setup in the UK (so, other than colleges). His business, both tiling and tiling training has been trading for many years, a lot older than PTS, Diamond, Able Skills, Chase, NETT, and other names you see around the place.

And Gary Sheffield is still the man that teaches you. A local tiling god I believe we even have some of his friends on the forum.

A training centre well worthy of me promoting them. :)

S

silver1

Hi.......... i HAVE HEARD THE NEWS ALSO......... MY NAME IS Jacky..... and i am the director of Silver Trowel Ltd in Crondall. (Plastering Training Centre ) I would like to make it clear that We are in no way connected to the Silver Trowel of Australia which had training links with Diamond training..... We have already today recieved 2 telephone calls from unhappy Diamond training customers, thinking that we were the other silver trowel..... We also this week have one of our plastering customers who in August finished a NVQ tiling course with Diamond.......who have not returned her calls in relation to her in-complete portfolio........ so will she be out of pocket also??

Last edited by a moderator:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi all
Darren here from NETT, I would just like to add that we are still a very strong company and are still busy and have dates in the diary, courses running every week up to may 2011 at the moment. In these tough times its only the strongest companies survive and we have built up a fantastic reputation throughout the last 6 years of trading which keeps the custom comming our way from all corners of the UK, all our plastering, tiling and plumbing courses are going very well and i would like to thank the hundreds and hundreds of forum members that have been on our course over the years and for their continued support which shows in the course feedback section. I moved away from the tiling training earlier in the year to set up a new venture, now that is up and running, im back doing what i do best and love, the tiling training at NETT, thanks to Mick who has kept the standard of training up to my expectations while ive been away. Anyone interested in quality tiling fast track training give us a call on 0191 4274529 and ask for Tracey, we only take a deposit of £100 even for a 6 week multi skilled course, so your money and course is safe with us

Thanks
Darren
NE Tiling Training

Reply to Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement