Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Did you know.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I know it's not what you spend, it's how you make Christmas for yourself and loved ones, but in all honesty, I've never really liked Christmas because it's never really felt like Christmas. My dream is to get away to a Scottish castle and get snowed in. Then it might actually feel like Christmas to me :hurray:

Trust me....you don't want to spend Christmas in a Scottish castle. It's cold....it's really cold. I got married in one January 2 1/2 years ago ( Culzean) and even with the heating on full blast it was cold. This scotsman definitely was well clad under his kilt that day.

I suppose if you brought some of your servants with you to keep the fires well stoked it might be warmer. :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As they say in the film 'the boiler room'; "whoever says money doesn't matter, doesn't have any, and whoever said money doesn't make you have, look at this smile from ear to effin ear'.

But yeah, Christmas isn't just about giving, it's about recieving too and you don't need money for that. :D :D :smilewinkgrin:

Merry Christmas to all! (Am I the second then?).

M

mikethetile

christmas is what you make it. we opted out of the xmas madness a few years ago and have a simple xmas, we start in september and buy pressies etc. get the freezer stocked ready so we only have to pick up a few fresh bits. we dont get carried away with the christmas spending and have a lovely stress free time with very few trips to the shops

anyone who declares they cant afford xmas is being reeled in by the retail sector and have missed the whole point of the xmas holiday

D

Deleted member 9966

christmas is what you make it. we opted out of the xmas madness a few years ago and have a simple xmas, we start in september and buy pressies etc. get the freezer stocked ready so we only have to pick up a few fresh bits. we dont get carried away with the christmas spending and have a lovely stress free time with very few trips to the shops

anyone who declares they cant afford xmas is being reeled in by the retail sector and have missed the whole point of the xmas holiday

I wholeheartedly agree Mike. But for me, I've never seen the point of Christmas either. I don't know what it stems from. Christmas has never been a really special time for me. Maybe I'm blinkered and choosing not to remember, but I don't really remember a memorable Christmas other than that of 2008 when we cooked for my Grandmother. That was her last Christmas.

I just don't see the point of it all. We have to split our time between family is several locations and it just becomes a bind. Which is why I'd like to be snowed in to a Scottish castle and just be done with the whole thing for a week.

bah humbug. :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Did you know.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, Does anyone know how long you need to leave fugalite before you can use the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Did you know.?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.