Discuss Didnt know ( doh!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
As probably all of you know ( obviously not me) when cutting with a sigma wet saw. Placing the tile face down, makes a far better finish.

Wish someone would have told me as I have hated this cutter since getting it ( having to use as my d2400 has been nicked)
Getting on a lot better now having been forced to use it.
pic below using new ATS blade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 131

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
It's the angle at which the blade hits the glaze.
Upside down on the Sigma, the angle is increased closer to 90 degrees slightly.
I've noticed the same on my DeWalt. Normally the blade is set as low as possible but some glazed porcelains seem to chip less with the blade set just enough to get through the tile.

I sort of get that. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Didnt know ( doh!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB