UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss disclaimer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
A disclaimer would sort of imply that you wanted not to take responsibility for your work. These are of course often discussed when a client asks you to do something that you don't want to do or know you should not do as itis likely to lead to problems. Unfortunately such a disclaimer is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You can sometimes run in to unforseen problems, here an example, I priced a job to tile a bathroom on the 2nd floor, when I arrived I found all tiles and materials 50 meters away in garrage so all this had to be lifted to bathroom at top of house,

Another one, went to tile kitchen floor only to arrive and find all white goods still to be moved, un-plumbed

Land I would certainly agree that if you have to do this "extra work" which all takes valuable time that you should be paid for it. Not sure how you would cover all eventualities in a t and c document. Also you d not have to have the customer sign it. All you have to do is be able to demonstrate that the customer has received it. The best way to do this is to print it on the same paper (normally on the back) of your quotation. When they place an order whether verbally or in writing you should follow up with an acknowledgement of order which re confirms that your work will be in accordance with your t and c's

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
This is what i have at the bottom of my quotations. It works for me.

I accept the quotation as stated and that any changes, additions or modifications to the scope of work will require a revised quotation.

Signed: ……………………………………………..
Date: ……………………………………………..

Realistically though that is just so man words. Contract law does not require such a statement as when you quote a job that quote covers the scope of the works and once accepted forms the basis of the contract. If there are rip visions then that would constitute an amendment to th contract and would necessarily need a revised quotation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to disclaimer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.