Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Exterior grouting with the wet weather. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
I've laid an external porcelain patio on a sand and cement bed with ultrascape priming slurry. It was layed just under 5 weeks ago. I am wanting to grout the patio but am concerned about doing it when it is wet/not fully dry I wouldn't be concerned if it hadn't been raining so much but there has been rain consistently over the last month and more in the forecast over the next week at least, is this something I shouldn't worry about as long as there is no water pooling in the joints?
When would you say it's safe to grout, would you wait for a number of dry days beforehand?
I have experience with tiling and grouting but sand and cement bed with porcelain tiles externally is a first for me and im aware drying times are significantly longer especially with current weather conditions.
Grout hasn't yet been selected so would be open to suggestions if there's a product that would work best in the conditions.
Any help/advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You do want to wait for it to be at its driest possible. But cement cures by chemical reaction so would even set under water (small swimming pool repairs can be done without emptying for eg).

So clean it all out ready, then cover it with a tarp so water can run off it, and wait for a few dry days in a row and grout on the last then cover it again after sponging lots and getting the tile surface clean, and it should be fine the day after for any touching up from sunken grout or whatever.

Reply to Exterior grouting with the wet weather. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Last week I had grouted a bathroom floor of 100x100 porcelain mosaics using Kerakoll...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
I had a new porcelain patio installed several months ago, and we have been struggling ever since...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Bristol
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler

Thread Information

Title
Exterior grouting with the wet weather.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.