UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Discoloured porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
Glad your making progress. Hopefully you'll get the tiler to sort out his clear mistake. If the tiles do need sealing, are you sure that LTP recommended the mattstone sealer. As far as I'm aware mattstone is only suitable for natural stone.

[h=1]LTP Mattstone[/h]
[h=2][/h]
Description: Suitable for all wall and floor surfaces LTP Mattstone provides a natural matt finish with minimal change to surface character on travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, unpolished marble, terrazzo and cement floors. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

A

andyMc

were they sealed before grouting or after... if it was sealed after grouting, then he has sealed any excess grout and damp patches in, looking at that picture. He should of sealed and let it dry before he grouted. That is the whole idea of sealing them, so they dont get stained by grout or any other muck. but any good tiler should know that they should wash them down, let them dry, then seal before you grout

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Discoloured porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.