Discuss DIY enthusiast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

connelltiling

Hi L Tiler.

Glad your first job went well. For goodness sake, do not use the single-use adhesive/grout.

Always use a good quality adhesive (preferably not ready-mixed "tubbed") and a good grout (again a "powder" grout). Your choice of grout colour is up to you - if you want your tiles to stand out then use a high-contrast grout (e.g. white) and this will immediately draw the eye to the (perfect) tile job. If you want them to be more of a subtle feature then a darker coloured grout may help them to recede.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Connell tiling

L

L-tiler

Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions. The mapei color chart is helpful but I can't find a stockist in the rep. of ireland [sigh!] I may have to use white grout or add some artists paint color of my choice to the white grout. Anyone tried that?? And if I stay with the white, I don't suppose it will matter too much if I use narrow spacers so as not the have too much of a checker-board finish? I expect most grouting on backsplashes use white grout on almost all color tiles and I haven't seen anything I thought could have been done better and I am a stickler about 'getting it right'.
Anyhow will let you know how it turns out! Thanks again!

Reply to DIY enthusiast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
DIY enthusiast
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.