UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss DIY man needs some help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Honest Jon

Hi all and thanks in advance for any advise.

I am not a professional and if I am stealing trade secrets please just advise me and I will go away. I am a competent DIY person and can offer advice on many other subjects that come up from time to time. I read a number of topics earlier. You can see a little more in my introduction where I said hello. Anyway.

I am about to tear out my en suite and redo everything, I will be tiling the walls and floors and my first question is regarding the floors.

Do I need to put down ply? I have 22mm moisture resistant T&D chipboard flooring, which is well laid and fixed with ring nails, I will further secure with screws when I remove the current wood flooring, It is solid and is only a small area. I do not mind putting down ply as it is a 30 minute job but would like to know if it is required and if so why? What would the alternative be as far as priming the area, and if this is likely to be more time consuming I will lay ply. What thickness if it is required.
Thanks for the help.
John

Reply to DIY man needs some help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.