Discuss DIY spending hits 12-year low in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

yeah I read about this yesterday. surprising really, considering the housing market is still only moving along slowly. usually if people stay put and don't move, they tend to spend on their houses. or maybe they're employing "professionals" to do the work for them... hence we're seeing more and more cowboy jobs?

Couldn't agree more GRR. There are so many people working for a few quid a day (and doing a bad job) that people think they are getting a great deal, like has been said in previous threads, there's going to be a lot of poor work to put right when this recession is over.

S

Stewart

I think a lot depends on where they get their figures from. For example I think builders merchants market more to DIY where they were mainly trade only. Decorators merchants are the same as well as other trade suppliers not to mention online suppliers. So if they take their surveys from DIY sheds I think there may be flaws.

You've hit the nail on the head Sandy. All the local suppliers round here are price matching or beating the DIY sheds on products available in both.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DIY spending hits 12-year low in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
DIY spending hits 12-year low
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.