UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss do I need a screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

banzai1

I am currently looking at fit out job in Liverpool, the shop is a new build shell and the customer is looking for marble effect tiles !!! however as the floor is concrete and I need to have electric services to the centre of the shop I will need to bury these hence my question, do I need a sand and cement screed at 50mm thick or are there any other options.

Any help would be great !!!! thanks

nybor62

TF
rotherham
chase the floor out for the electrics, do you have a drawing for electrics showing were all the data cables go for the tills , then there is the tag system at the shop entrance either side of entrance mat ,

i mainly do shop fit tiling nowadays , dont hesitate to give me a bell for advice , are you new to shop fitting , in my experience most floors need . leveling before tiling
new build or not

P

Perry

been involved in shop fitting as a subbie but have been asked to quote for a shop fit of a new hairdressers,so looking for any info I can get really, plumbing, joinery and stud walling is sorted,maybe better to chase out for the electrics.
I am going to site on Tuesday and will have more info then as for a drawing ha ha yea A4 sketch so it's a design and build as we go
So what trade are you ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
If you can avoid it by routing services above the floor then do so. If not then my best suggestion matches several others I.e. chase out service channels. Then repair them with a polymer modified screed.

You could sand cement screed but he issue is that a 50mm deep you would end up with your electrical services forming potential crack inducers. Also given that it is a commercial site the british standard sugests a deeper section than 50mm. You could use a Gypsol (anhydrite) screed but then you would have a drying time issue (I am guessing time is an issue with it being a shop).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to do I need a screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm after some advice. Need to screed above my underfloor heating pipes. Some rooms have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.