UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Do I need to prime marmox ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

dholdi

TF
I've been doing a bit of research prior to tiling my bathroom.
3 walls are lined with marmox boards and the fourth, which is an internal wall and well away from any wet areas, is plastered.
From research on here I realise I will have to prime the plastered wall with Mapei primer G, but will the marmox boards need priming as I cant find any reference to this in Marmox' literature but Mapei's mentions cement board in their primer g literature.
Any advice is much appreciated.

S

Stewart

Thanks very much everyone. :thumbsup:

Just one more question, my electric underfloor heating came with a liquid insulating primer. Would applying this to the marmox boards on the floor have any detriment ?
I am thinking along the lines of it preventing the adhesive from adhering to the boards correctly ?

I wouldn't use it for that reason and it won't improve the insulation values you'll already be getting with the marmox.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do I need to prime marmox ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.