Discuss Do I Need To Use A Showertray????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Afternoon all.

My friend needs a walk in shower installing and I'm the appointed DIYer. Just after some advice. I understand the principles of over boarding the timber floor, tanking floors and walls etc, but wondering if I need to use a pre-formed shower tray?

My theory was to overboard the existing timber floor, creating a fall using the over boarding, then tile straight on to this after tanking. Waste cut into the over boarding. Is this an option?, as everywhere seems to want to sell you a pre-formed tray and a waste to go with it. If this is do able, what's the best waste for the job?

Thanks in advance :grinning:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do I Need To Use A Showertray????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB