UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss do quartz mirror flec tiles need sealing? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cjscos

C

cjscos

it should also say on the box if they need sealing.I normally seal these tiles tbh.

IMO....probably the hardest tile to cut around a quadrant shower.

when do i seal them? before or after? bought a good diamond tile cutter the other week to do my splash backs so i hope it will be good enough to cut quartz as i know it is a hard material, grade 7 so i was told out of 10 in hardness (diamond being the hardest)

many thanks for your help

C

cjscos

it should also say on the box if they need sealing.I normally seal these tiles tbh.

IMO....probably the hardest tile to cut around a quadrant shower.

when do i seal them? before or after? bought a good diamond tile cutter the other week to do my splash backs so i hope it will be good enough to cut quartz as i know it is a hard material, grade 7 so i was told out of 10 in hardness (diamond being the hardest)

many thanks for your help

C

cjscos

i got 12sq meters of 300 x 300 for £338 on ebay !!!!!!!!!!!! what a bargin......:hurray::hurray:

i am using black grout as its for a kitchen floor. so i will have to seal again after laying them too?

quality wise i have not received them yet but they are 93% quartz. can not wait to get them fitted with the leds shining over them .....

there heavy too weighing just inder 400kg so i am hoping they will be well made.

S

Spud

They look exactly like gulf stone. If so, straight cuts are extremely easy with a wet cutter, but as Brian C says, difficult to cut internal curves. I tested with marker pen and left no mark so haven't sealed when fitting them and no complaints.........
internal curve cuts are trickier than external curve cuts, I normally take the bulk of the cut with a grinder then do multiple straight cuts into the curve, these i nip out and then finish with a polisher to achieve a nice even curve ,

A

AKOTiler

Lol its not dead yet ;) need advice. The only reason i can see the need to seal the tiles before laying them is to prevent any discolouration whilst grouting. Correct me if im wrong but if the tile is black and the grout is black then even if i didnt seal them before i layed them you wouldnt see the bleed if it did happen. :/ would it not be the same if i sealed them once i have finished grouting?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to do quartz mirror flec tiles need sealing? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.