Discuss dodgy or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i did a quote to strip the tiles of a bathroom prep walls and retile, the house is rented and the landlord lives in leicester, he rang me out the blue because i live local to the job, he asked me to text him the quote which i did.

he now wants to proceed with the job but seems reluctent to give me his home address, he gave me his email address and i have his mobile number and he said he will pay direct into my account when job is complete, im just a bit concerned that if it all gose pear shaped i have no address for him.

might be over reacting, but there seems to be some dodgy customers out there at the momment, would you do a job without knowing the clients address?

D

Deleted member 9966

Tell him you need his address in order to send the complete written quotation with all of your T&C's and payment terms with your quote. Tell him if he's not able to do that, then unfortunately he will have to pay up front for the work to be done. Tell him you've got a business to run and it needs to be done properly, in the way you've always done business.

How would you gain access to the property he own in Gloucester?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Tell him you need his address in order to send the complete written quotation with all of your T&C's and payment terms with your quote. Tell him if he's not able to do that, then unfortunately he will have to pay up front for the work to be done. Tell him you've got a business to run and it needs to be done properly, in the way you've always done business.

How would you gain access to the property he own in Gloucester?

i will gain access through the tenant, hes the one who let me in to look at the job, ive never met the landlord.

i said to him i need your address to send you a written quote but he told me to email it to him, however i did put on the email i need conformation of exceptance of the quote for the work to proceed.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I've done quite a few jobs for customers that I've never met and have only felt with them by phone and email. On these occasions I always insist on a deposit and concisering the circumstances, they were more than happy to oblige....

the fact ive never met him, or deal with him only using phone or email, dosn't bother me that much, its just the fact hes a bit reluctant to give me his address, and as im not working where he lives, if it gose pear shaped where do i send the boys round to get my money :smilewinkgrin: even if i get a deposit it won't be the full amount.

H

hillhead

Hard decision, for me it would depend on price possibly but it's nice to at least meet people.
I had a hard faced one before who said she wouldn't pay me for tiling the kitchen and hallway floors in her tenants property! any excuse, the floor was slanted in the whole house i kid you not. I had floors tiled on the 45 with cheap crap from you know where.
I fought hard and got most of what i wanted but not all.

Reply to dodgy or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
dodgy or not
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.