Discuss dodgy or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

If you've got his full name, then start by "Googling" him. Narrow the search by looking on BT.com and search under residential listings etc. etc.. If you try hard enough, you'll be able to track him down.

But to answer your question, I'd want a 50% deposit before commencing. Build a rapport with the tenant and if the landlord short changes you, you won't have any issues in gaining access to retrieve your adhesive :lol:.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
If you've got his full name, then start by "Googling" him. Narrow the search by looking on BT.com and search under residential listings etc. etc.. If you try hard enough, you'll be able to track him down.

But to answer your question, I'd want a 50% deposit before commencing. Build a rapport with the tenant and if the landlord short changes you, you won't have any issues in gaining access to retrieve your adhesive :lol:.

the tenant seems a nice guy, a builder by trade, just split up from hes misses, so he knows the score........might do a bit of digging for info with him before i start any work.........he may agree to pay if it gose pear shaped and reduce his rent for a month.

i need the work but i dont want to get stung, the last landlord i did work for that lived miles away, took 2 months to pay, they seem to think because they live miles away there untouchable.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I think if you had more work you wouldnt do this job.but bills need to be payed.try and get half plus material money upfront.anyone who wont give their address is trying to hide something.good luck.

your spot on mate, if i was piled out with work i wouldn't touch this one with a barge pole.

funny how you sometimes get a feeling that something just dosnt seem right, normally i trust my instincts, but as you say bills need to be paid.

U

user123

You got your instincts for a reason... try to satisfy those by talking to the guy, and if you're not entirely happy, well, walk away. I was appraoched by the foreman /builder (so he said) of a new pizzeria in West Yorkshire a couple of years back, was really excited about the commission, agreed on the price, dimensions, got architects plans, (no address on them) everything, lots of email and phone conversations, but he wouldn't give his address, was somehow shifty when it came to that bit, I did a redesign of what the original idea was, ordered sample glass when he said he'd pay 50% up front no problem, he asked for a sample board with the design, all very labour intensive really - and he disappeared off the face of the earth. I was lucky enough to have received £100 design fee at the start I insisted on, but that in no way covered all the work I had done until he disappeared, no reply to any emails, phone out of order, googled his name, nothing. No idea what happened and it leaves you feeling just horrible.

Reply to dodgy or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
dodgy or not
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.