Discuss Does a plasterer get your walls flat or do you do it yourself? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

My plasterer is working on a house doing sound insulation. Sticky membrane background & heavy insulation boards. Don't know much about the stuff but I know the customer paid about £1500 to do 4 walls upstairs & downstairs against the neighbours wall. Was hoping to jump along & see it today but never got a chance. He sent me some pics though (not the best)
8y4a3esu.jpg
masuganu.jpg

Bought from here - http://www.acoustic-supplies.com/

C

charlie1

Have yet to find a plasterer who knows what flat and plumb mean, the current bathroom im tiling was preped by a 'plasterer' after short inspection with my 1.8 level i noticed 1 wall had belly of over an inch and another wall wass kicking out at top and sides by 1 cm... unacceptable!! I removed plaster and fixed! Most plasterers i have found up my way think because they can skim then they are plasterers so i try to do all my own prep using either plasterboard or cement. You get all the prep work right then the actuat tiling is a dodle, i cant emphisise this enough! ;-)

C

charlie1

i didn't know plasters could do the job :lol:

Interesting, Iimo a good plasterer has a very good advantage on the prep side obviously but i think this is where the real skill in basic tiling is, having spoken to a plasterer from liverpool recently who deos a bit of tiling but not regard himself as a tiler, he knew more about tiling than 90% of all the other tilers ive met in real life.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Interesting, Iimo a good plasterer has a very good advantage on the prep side obviously but i think this is where the real skill in basic tiling is, having spoken to a plasterer from liverpool recently who deos a bit of tiling but not regard himself as a tiler, he knew more about tiling than 90% of all the other tilers ive met in real life.

Ed is a top man Mark.

Reply to Does a plasterer get your walls flat or do you do it yourself? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB