Discuss Does this look RUBBISH to you? Your advice about this fence post on.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

You advice please.... DOES THIS LOOK RUBBISH.

Dsc_0303.jpg

The bloke next door is having contractors put up a new fence between my house and his.

Errr is that a RATHER LARGE HOLE under those cement boards????

Is it just me or is this not quite right !

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
not the post bloke again...hahaha im pleased my neighbours don't speak English...then again no one does in London.

Should come up this way. Peterborough has the first school in the country where ALL the pupils do NOT have English as their first language.

Had an interesting sign go up on the outskirts of Peterborough the other week. I live just outside now in Yaxley. It was a village 5 wilds out of Peterborough when i was growing up. We're now a mile away if that.
Will try and get a picture of the sign. Just waiting for a quiet morning.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Re: Does this look RUBBISH to you? Your advice about this fence post

Should come up this way. Peterborough has the first school in the country where ALL the pupils do NOT have English as their first language.

Had an interesting sign go up on the outskirts of Peterborough the other week. I live just outside now in Yaxley. It was a village 5 wilds out of Peterborough when i was growing up. We're now a mile away if that.
Will try and get a picture of the sign. Just waiting for a quiet morning.

yaxley used to be quite posh... It will soon be joined on to Hampton though eh...

D

Deleted member 1779

I dont know what it is about this house.... And POSTS!!

I have matey at the back putting up his bollards. And matey to the left building his strange fence posts..

No I didnt knock them down!

After even more curtain twitching from me the state of play this morning is the post is back.

Dsc_0087-3.jpg

Looks like we are going for a backfill of concrete soon.....

Dsc_0086-2.jpg

We have some more propping in place...

I wonder how he plans on filling that great big GAP under the cement board. As Dave says it could be a bit of backfill..

Its work in progress though....

C

Colour Republic

I wonder how he plans on filling that great big GAP under the cement board. As Dave says it could be a bit of backfill.

I would assume he is going to cut some more gravel boards down and then dig them in to the soil.

That's why it's been said he could drop it by at least 1 gravel board so there isn't so much concrete on show. It looks like that's what he could do but hard to say without seeing the other side.

I assume there is trellis going on the top as well? If thats the final resting place of the post.

TBH wait until he's finished as it could still look OK

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes thats my plan (wait and see the finished results). If I have do do anything to make it look nicer (plantings etc) then I will do that.

I think with such steep slopes its a really difficult balancing act. We will watch the space!

Yes Dave the groundfall is very steep and as you can see in the space of one panel width its a large gap.

Could be cut gravel boards to fill the gap. Or backfill. (Maybe both)

Oh yes and I think Trellis is going up too

Reply to Does this look RUBBISH to you? Your advice about this fence post on.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
C
Will try to keep this as short as possible.... Had a very heated discussion with a customer the...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
O
Showerlux versus 'JT40? I've recently had three Showerlux LPS (stone resin) 900mm quadrant trays...
Replies
Views
Oddbod
O
T
Hi All, Have used this forum for research for a while now and have been impressed with the...
Replies
Views
Hi there this is my first post from me. I have been renovating my house for the last 2+ years...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB