Search the forum,

Discuss Does tile mister delta board need priming in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

My understanding is that Delta boards use a weird type of cement face (from Tilemaster) which only finally cures in contact with water in adhesive.
In other words, priming it will make a weaker bond than not priming it.
I know it sounds stupid but thats' what I've heard from Tilemaster.

(Personally though, I prime everything)
I have heard the same of jackoboard as well

Reply to Does tile mister delta board need priming in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement