UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Doing a BIG job in Hampton..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Started today doing the multiple wetrooms in this huge house.....half of it is a building site and most of it is not watertight!!!!!

chemical toilet, 110V only....Proper bummer.......but......here is what happened.........

the main wetroom is huge......Floor primed with Pr360 and hardi glued with weber spf rapid and screwed......heatmat installed and the screeded with floor flex........:

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

I managed to do another one on the same floor..........:

IMG_1112.jpg

same method....different room......

tommorrows another day.....

best wishes

Lee.

PRICE REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Protilers

Sorry Ed.........honestly.........(heres the joke)
It has just occurred to me (inbeteween cooking dinner and running a bath).....that you forums lot are a bit sensitive......and therefore I will treat you in the future like a delicate flower..........
as opposed to the rough, calloused handed builder types you actually are.....white van man with tattoo's and a bald head.......

tell me I am Wrong....!

P

Protilers

To clarify.....for EVERYONE......what I ment was........I dedicate this post to TF ED..........
He has been a great bloke.......not to mention complimentary......but he also made a donation to the Home [Cystic Fibrosis Trust] in recognition of my efforts on the forums ...... (its tax deductable!)
and ED......my brother thanks you.......

its this simple really......

it is a disease that can effect ANYBODY.....and you can not see it coming....you could be perfectly fine (and all of your family members!)....then you meet a girl that is fine (and all of her family members!)....and between the pair of you could both be carriers of cystic fibrosis.....and if you pass on your defected gene.......you end up in a world of hurt....... (you all have 2 genes...one from your mother and one from your father!).....

so.........

tiling anyone?

P

Protilers

I am sorry because this is a golden opertunity to make people aware of the disease as well as a bit of a downer (Sorry) .....but for you lot that are too lazy to click (cant say I blame you personally):

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

• Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK's most common life-threatening inherited diseases.

• It is caused by a faulty gene that controls the movement of salt and water in and out of the cells within the body.

• Cystic Fibrosis affects the internal organs, especially the lungs and digestive system, by clogging them with thick sticky mucus. This makes it hard to breathe and digest food.

• Over 9,000 people in the UK have Cystic Fibrosis.

• If two carriers have a child, the baby has a 1 in 4 chance of having Cystic Fibrosis.

• Over two million people in the UK carry the faulty gene that causes Cystic Fibrosis - around 1 in 25 of the population.

• Over 95% of the UK CF population is Caucasian, but CF affects many ethnic groups.

• Each week, five babies are born with Cystic Fibrosis.

• Each week, two young lives are lost to Cystic Fibrosis.

• Currently half of the CF population will live past 41 years of age, and improvements in treatments mean a baby born today is expected to live even longer.

J

jonnyc

I apologise that's my fault. I genuinely thought you were discussing either the job price or the wages Ed got or something similar and spotted it was not in the Arms. So I edited. lol

< hangs head in shame >
thank s dan.
it was most bizarre.
i have to say that i probably took the same view as you without knowing the background.
Without prior knowledge , I thought the post from protiler was quite heavy .
if i had known the score we would have applauded ed and protilers.
to be frank i am embarressed now and ii will not post any more.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Doing a BIG job in Hampton..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Relatively new to this game and hoping for a bit of guidance on pricing. Am quoting...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.