UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Doing a sponsored run? Know of a UK-charity that supports only the UK? - Come tell me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm knocking up a charity website that'll list only UK charities. Not only that, it'll list random people doing a sponsored run (providing their cause is something for the UK only) or swim or whatever.

Anything to do with the OAP's and charities related to them.

UK cancer charities.

Any other charities you can think of. etc

Can you guys help me get a huge list in this thread please?

ONLY UK ONES THOUGH PLEASE

Help help help :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Doing a sponsored run? Know of a UK-charity that supports only the UK? - Come tel

Loads of them are giving abroad right now though. I was looking for UK-only ones. Perhaps smaller ones that are doing good for the UK homeless, or old people, or just a bloke doing something for something close to his heart or whatever.

Know any of those types of ones?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Doing a sponsored run? Know of a UK-charity that supports only the UK? - Come tel

Eeerm, yeah I guess that'd work for some. Not sure how many there would be for towns though, I'll give it a go in a sec.

You get yourself back to work. :)

Anybody else got a mate doing anything?

Chris' coast to coast trip isn't sponsored is it? Why doesn't he get some sponsors for that?

Eeerm, yeah I guess that'd work for some. Not sure how many there would be for towns though, I'll give it a go in a sec.

You get yourself back to work. :)

Anybody else got a mate doing anything?

Chris' coast to coast trip isn't sponsored is it? Why doesn't he get some sponsors for that?

Funny you should mention that as i was going to post on the forum about us choosing a charity once a year and supporting that i could do local ones to me but it doesnt really work if ive got mates all over the place
ive got a local hos**** ( sorry spelt it wrong i know but its funny ) Mary Stevens My Dad was suppost to go in there but didnt make it also a kids hos**** Acorns who are really struggling but again they are local to me and i would prefere a national one
Also ive got my doubt about the Just giving lot the amount the spend on advertising and chasing people for money i would love to know how much they actually give after their"costs " ie no such thing as a free lunch "

B

b30 villain

B

b30 villain

shame they are linked with the villa

boing boing
ha ha aint we got you baggy lot soon. Acorns in selly oak are just round the corner from me and have done a cracking job for years. Dont think the villa have a great deal to do with them unlike last year when they were sponsors. I think they just give em free advertising pitch side. The yanks trying to get all his money back me thinks

P

penno

There is a trust called "The Haig housing Trust". It's purpose is to basically provide housing for service people who have suffered major injuries.
There is also the help the heroes campaign, i try to give them £5 from every £100 i earn.
So many charities in such need its unreal, people trying to scrape cash together for good causes and our goverment is spending an estimated £5 million on a stupid pointless investigation into the defence secretary Liam Fox.

Hat off to you for this one Dan :)

just re visting this idea and im still looking around the ride isnt till May but i want to set it up so the money goes to a uk only based charity that also doesnt spend a fortune on advertising and promotion like Cancer research
i can do it for local places but i am also willing to do it for the chosen tile forum charity

come on have a think ? Help for heroes etc

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Doing a sponsored run? Know of a UK-charity that supports only the UK? - Come tell me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
It’s Christmas! The elves at the forums have been working away to bring you the first ever...
Replies
Views
Tamworth based Instarmac Group plc are delighted to have been officially named as a ‘Great Place...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Dear FairFuelUK Supporter We have a moment of opportunity to stop the massive 16p a gallon tax...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Doing a sponsored run? Know of a UK-charity that supports only the UK? - Come tell me
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.